Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cherry on

Day One of Project Ba Da Bings: My tiny quest to make use of 18 pounds of cherries. (See my last post on why.)

Gotta say I'm off to a bit of a slow start. Nothing major...yet.

But when I showed up at work with a bag of the little garnets, it did prompt some nostalgia. One of my co-workers reminisced about cherry pies and cobblers and preserves that his mom would make from the fruit that grew in his yard.

Aww.

Then he said: "Mother would have me out there at the ass-crack of dawn pickin' cherries."

Breakfast: Oatmeal and cherries


Lunch: Simple salad of mixed greens with goat cheese, nuts, cherries (with pits in -- rustic!) and balsamic vinegar.


Snack time: Just cherries, again, with my pod peeps. Love these guys.






Next I'm taking cherries to Amy's house, and we're gonna chef it up. More later...

No comments: