Monday, August 31, 2009

Plant life

So yesterday, I became vegan...for September at least.

It's part of a Tennessean project that I'll be blogging about with colleagues at Vegan for a Month.

I don't eat a lot of meat, so I'm really not worried about the deprivation factor. I started to cut back after getting into yoga. Plus I went to a potluck vegan brunch on Sunday that has me excited about the creativity in vegan cooking. Interesting food and conversation! The brunch was hosted by Shalene Gray (below left) who has a vegan catering company called Twig & Barry's Vegan Cuisine.


Tofu scramble, roasted potatoes, coffee cake (made by the so sweet Jenn Blumberg, blogger at Hello Veggie)...

Enchiladas with swiss chard and pumpkin seed from Alan Powell of Long Hungry Creek Farm...

Yay plants.


Currently listening for good yoga music. Know any? Some of my favorites:

Universal Traveler - AIR
Sunday - Nikonn
Breathe - Alexi Murdoch
Little Ditty - Deep Dive Corp.
Great Release - LCD Soundsystem
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Waiting for the Moon to Rise - Belle & Sebastian
Enjoy the Ride - Morcheeba
Amber - 311
Stop - Ryan Adams & the Cardinals


Hmm....I wonder if this guy's vegan.

No comments: