Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just a little hair piece

My hairstylist told me once that she could create an entire blog of the photos that clients take from her chair.


She also said that we rarely take a seat without making an apology for how we look.

I believe it. I have done both of those things many times, and I find the latter to be kind of sad yet fascinating.

It’s part of why Cali DeVaney's chair at Parlour & Juke is one of my favorite places to visit. Not only does she make me feel better about myself in a outward way, she’s always teaching me something new – from philosophical reasons why it’s weird to look into a mirror for a solid hour to her thoughts on music, books and documentaries.

So I was flattered when she asked me to write a guest post for the salon’s blog about being a redhead. Here’s what I came up with: (click here)

No comments: